Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE - INDIA)
Bombay Stock Exchange is the oldest stock exchange in Asia What is now popularly known as the BSE was established as "The Native Share & Stock Brokers' Association" in 1875.
Over the past 135 years, BSE has facilitated the growth of the Indian corporate sector by providing it with an efficient capital raising platform.
Today, BSE is the world's number 1 exchange in the world in terms of the number of listed companies (over 4900). It is the world's 5th most active in terms of number of transactions handled through its electronic trading system. And it is in the top ten of global exchanges in terms of the market capitalization of its listed companies (as of December 31, 2009). The companies listed on BSE command a total market capitalization of USD Trillion 1.28 as of Feb, 2010.
BSE is the first exchange in India and the second in the world to obtain an ISO 9001:2000 certification. It is also the first Exchange in the country and second in the world to receive Information Security Management System Standard BS 7799-2-2002 certification for its BSE On-Line trading System (BOLT). Presently, we are ISO 27001:2005 certified, which is a ISO version of BS 7799 for Information Security.
The BSE Index, SENSEX, is India's first and most popular Stock Market benchmark index. Exchange traded funds (ETF) on SENSEX, are listed on BSE and in Hong Kong. Futures and options on the index are also traded at BSE.
BSE continues to innovate:
- Became the first national exchange to launch its website in Gujarati and Hindi and now Marathi
- Purchased of Marketplace Technologies in 2009 to enhance the in-house technology development capabilities of the BSE and allow faster time-to-market for new products
- Launched a reporting platform for corporate bonds christened the ICDM or Indian Corporate Debt Market
- Acquired a 15% stake in United Stock Exchange (USE) to drive the development and growth of the currency and interest rate derivatives markets
- Launched 'BSE StAR MF' Mutual fund trading platform, which enables exchange members to use its existing infrastructure for transaction in MF schemes.
- BSE now offers AMFI Certification for Mutual Fund Advisors through BSE Training Institute (BTI)
- Co-location facilities for Algorithmic trading
- BSE also successfully launched the BSE IPO index and PSU website
- BSE revamped its website with wide range of new features like 'Live streaming quotes for SENSEX companies', 'Advanced Stock Reach', 'SENSEX View', 'Market Galaxy', and 'Members'
- Launched 'BSE SENSEX MOBILE STREAMER